Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I dumped a bunch of shit today. 401 k plan summaries, employee handbooks, employee reviews, etc. Old empty CD cases, shoe boxes. Realistically - what am I supposed to do with them? Hold onto them as constant reminders that you're gone and never coming back?

I even good willed some of your shoes. They were beat up and worn in such fashion that I seriously contemplating holding onto them. But then again, what good would that do me? It's hard going through our things, sorting through the life we built together. Compartmentalizing the memories, the laughter, the good times and bad that we shared.

I'm starting to explore the inevitable change that scared the crap out of me before. Starting to move things in the house out of their nooks and crannies. I was given this opportunity to create a new me - a new life. And I'm trying different things to make sure I make the most out of it.

I moved the dining room table to one side of the room as a reminder to keep plowing through my things, move them out and make room for a new me. Downsize all of the things I have, all of the reminders. All in hopes that I'll figure out what now makes me happy.

One thing is for sure - all of the material items I possess sure feel an awful lot like baggage. Even my office desk is getting a make over.

No comments:

Post a Comment